Vegetable Chow Mein ( Easy Chinese Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 172 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 263632 times
A complete meal! a perfect combination of all nutrients contributed by the vegetables and starch from the noodles. Flavoured with hoisin sauce, this chow mein brings out all the authentic flavours of chinese cooking. Chow mein is a style of preparing noodles separately and then topping them with a choice of ingredients. Here we have used carrots, baby corn and mushrooms.
- Mix together the hoisin sauce and the noodles. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil over a high flame and sauté the onions, ginger, celery and garlic for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots, baby corn, mushrooms and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes till the vegetables soften.
- Add the bean sprouts and sauce and bring to a boil. Keep aside.
- In a non-stick 150 mm. (6") diameter pan, heat the sesame oil and add the noodles. Arrange evenly on the surface of the pan to make a pancake. Cook till the noodles are golden brown in colour and lightly crisp.
- Carefully turn the noodles around cook over a slow flame for 3 to 4 minutes and then slide them on a serving plate.
- Serve immediately topped with the vegetables.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.