by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 2267 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 251649 times
The patty for this Vegetable Burger is very different, and you will realize that as soon as you take the first bite! The addition of garam masala and ginger, green chilli pastes to the mashed vegetables imparts a tangy twist to the tava-cooked patty, making it a treat to the taste buds. The effect is further enhanced by a special salad of shredded veggies spruced up with mayonnaise and mustard powder, which accompanies the crisp patties along with standard fittings like veggie slices, lettuce, and so on. This burger is really a mega mouthful! Serve with Cheesy Wafers and Mango Milkshake .
- Lightly mash the vegetables using a potato masher and keep aside.
- Dip the bread slices in water for a few seconds. Squeeze out all the water and crumble the bread.
- Combine the all the ingredients, including the mixed vegetables and crumbled bread, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3?) diameter round flat patty.
- Roll each patty in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from both the sides.
- Heat the tava (griddle), grease it using a little oil.
- Cook each patty on a medium flame, using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the salad into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tbsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
- Place an iceberg lettuce leaf, 1 patty, a portion of the salad, 2 tomato slices and 1 onion slice and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 11 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.