Vegetable Burger ( Snack)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 634 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 310402 times
Any time is burger time! A quick snack that you can grab on-the-go or make in a jiffy, but capable of satiating a hungry tummy, the Vegetable Burger has stood the test of time and remained a favourite across continents for years. Resplendent with a deep-fried vegetable cutlet, topped with coleslaw, tomato ketchup and crispy vegetables like lettuce, tomato and cucumber, not to forget that slice of cheese, which makes it all the more sumptuous.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and mash lightly.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and roll each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round cutlet.
- Roll the cutlets in cornflour till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, 2 cutlets at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Divide the coleslaw into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle).
- Apply a little spread on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower halve of the burger bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing upwards.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf, a cutlet and 1 cheese slice over it.
- Now place a portion of the coleslaw over it, finally place 3 cucumber slices, 3 tomato slices, 2 onion slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Cover it with the upper halve of the burger bun with the buttered-spread side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 to make 5 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per burger
| 417 kcal|| 18.5 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.