Vegetable Biryani 1
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 622 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34050 times
- Boil the rice. Each grain of the cooked rice should be separate. Drain and cool.
- Warm the saffron, add a little water, rub until it dissolves and add to half the quantity of the rice. To the other half of the rice, add 1/2 teacup of curds. Keep aside the two rice portions.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of ghee and fry the onions until light brown. Keep aside the onions.
- In the same ghee, fry the paste for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomato puree, vegetables and the remaining curds and cook for a few minutes. Add the cream, sugar and salt.
- Put the balance 2 tablespoons of ghee in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle some fried onions and then a little saffron.
- Next, spread some vegetables and thereafter some curd rice. Make alternate layer of onions, saffron rice, vegetables and curd rice in this manner.
- Cover and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C ( 450 degree F) for 20 minutes.
- Turn upside down, sprinkle mint leaves on top and serve hot.
- Mixed vegetables contains carrots, french beans, cauliflower, green peas.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.