Vegetable Biryani ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42699 times
Minutes and not hours is all that it takes to make scrumptious vegetable biryani using the microwave oven! the clever use of spices beautifully enhances the flavour of the freshly-cooked rice and veggies.
- Combine the cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, onions, coriander, turmeric powder, coriander-cumin seeds powder, garam masala, the ground paste and 3 cups of water in a big microwave-safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Keep aside.
- Combine 1 tbsp of oil and the onions in another microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 5 minutes, or till the onions are crisp and dark brown in colour. Keep aside.
- Take a 175 mm. (7”) diameter deep microwave-safe bowl, spread ½ the fried onions evenly at the base.
- Spread ½ the rice evenly over it.
- Spread all the vegetables evenly over it, top it up with all the remaining rice and onions and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnishes with coriander.
- You can convert this into an accompaniment by omitting the rice and adding 1 ½ cups of coconut milk instead.
- For 2 1/4 cup of cooked rice, soak 3/4 cup of rice in enough water for 30 minutes and drain well. Combine the drained rice along with 1½ cups of hot water in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes or till the rice is cooked well. Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.