Vegetable Au Gratin
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13307 times
Indulge your loved ones with vegetable au gratin. Boiled vegetables, paneer and white sauce are baked together until the cheese topping melts and is nicely browned. It is served warm with crisp garlic bread.
- Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the garlic and chilli flakes for 1 to 2 seconds.
- Add the flour and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk gradually stirring continuously so that lumps do not form, add ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Bring to a boil and add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Sauté the paneer cubes in oil on a non stick pan till they are lightly browned.
- Combine the vegetables and the white sauce and mix well.
- Pour into an oven-proof bowl and sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 10 to 15 minutes till the cheese melts and is lightly browned.
- Serve with warm garlic bread.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.