Veg Manchurian ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 175 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 89327 times
Veg manchurian, you cannot miss the inimitable smell of cooking garlic, onions and chillies, which will grab your attention even from 500 metres away! this ever-popular chinese dish is really easy to make. When you eat these deep-fried vegetable balls in a soya sauce based gravy, do not let mundane things like the weighing scale bother you! just enjoy it!
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the balls in batches on a medium flame till they are golden brown in colour from all sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or kadhai when the oil smokes add the garlic, ginger, onions and capsicum and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add 1 cup of water, soya sauce, cornflour paste, pepper, sugar, salt and spring onion greens, mix well and simmer for another 2 minutes or till the sauce thickens. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the vegetable balls to the sauce and bring to boil.
- Place equal portions of manchurian in 4 bowls, garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot with vegetable fried rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.