Veg Lasagne with Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 345 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 56188 times
In a small portion, this might be a snack, but have a substantial quantity and it becomes a satiating meal!
Indeed, the Veg Lasagne with Paneer is a self-contained meal as the lasagne sheets play host to a basketful of juicy and crunchy veggies, succulent paneer and a tangy tomato sauce, all of which is bathed in luscious white sauce and coated with grated cheese before baking.
Once the lasagne is golden brown in colour, it is ready to serve. Baking not only cooks the ingredients and melts the cheese, but also boosts their flavours and helps them fuse with one another.
The end-result is a nice, moist, cheesy and flavour-packed dish that can be served as a one-dish meal.
You can also try other such dishes like Lasagne and Original Lasagne .
- Combine the plain flour, butter and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle, using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Cut the rotis into halves and keep aside.
- Heat enough water in a broad non-stick pan, add the oil and salt, mix well and boil on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 halves and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while turning it gently once in between. Drain it on a plate and allow it cool. Make sure you do not overlap it.
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 to make the remaining 8 roti halves. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the paneer, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomato pulp, sugar, chilli powder, oregano and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the fresh cream and mix well. Keep aside
- Spread 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce in a greased baking dish, place 2 cooked lasagna halves.
- Spread little veg stuffing over it and again pour 2 tbsp of the tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Place another 2 sheets of cooked lasagna sheets halves over it and repeat step 2 to make 3 more layers.
- Finally spread the white sauce evenly over it and sprinkle the cheese.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut it into wedges and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||920.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||30 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.