Veg Corn Bake (100 Calorie Snacks)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 222 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47837 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 4 pieces
this baked and colourful, multipurpose dish is versatile enough to be a snack or starter or even a complete meal. The nutritious answer to all your dieting woes.
- Combine the besan, corn, cabbage, spinach, carrots, ginger-green chilli paste, salt, sugar, coriander and ¼ cup of water together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the fruit salt and sprinkle some water over it. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour the batter into a greased 150 mm (6”) diameter oven-proof baking dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 c (360 f) for 20 to 25 minutes. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat ¼ tsp of oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a second.
- Remove from the flame, add 2 tbsp of water and pour the mixture over the vegetable corn bake.
- When cool, cut into 16 equal portions.
- Serve immediately garnished with the coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.