Vatana Bateta No Rotlo ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22978 times
Just combine all the ingredients, pat them into pancakes, and cook them on a tava. These spicy potato and peas pancakes are so simple to make, but nothing short of a heavenly treat, especially on a cold rainy day! you can enjoy vatana bateta no rotlo just by itself or with tomato ketchup or green chutney. If you are making this recipe for kids, take care to reduce the spices a bit as this might be a bit too hot for them.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well till the mixture becomes smooth. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Place one portion of the mixture on a hot, grease non-stick tava (griddle) and pat it with the help of your fingers to make a circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter and 1 cm thick.
- Cook until both the sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 3 more rotlas.
- Serve immediately with komal.
- You can make a pancake on a non-stick tava as well.
Nutrient values per rotla
|Vitamin A||62.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||16.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.