Vanilla Mousse with Strawberry Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 140 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12477 times
Easy to make and even easier to eat - that's creamy mouth-watering vanilla mousse.
- Boil the milk with the sugar.
- Mix the China grass in 1 teacup of cold water and stir on a slow flame until it dissoves completely.
- When the China grass is completely dissolved, add to the boiling milk and boil for a further 2 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and cool to a lukewarm stage.
- Beat the cream.
- Add the beaten cream and the vanilla essence and mix well.
- Pour into wet fancy moulds and put to set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator. Chill thoroughly.
- Before serving, loosed the sides with a sharp knife. Invert on a plate.
- Serve ice-cold with strawberry sauce.
- Mix the cornflour and sugar in 1 teacup of water.
- Put to cook and go on stirring until the sauce is thick and clear.
- Remove from the fire.
- Add the strawberry puree, butter and lemon juice and mix well.
- Chill the sauce.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.