Vanilla Diamonds With Guava Sauce ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12263 times
Healthy desserts can be difficult to access. Don't deprive your sweet tooth however. Add colour and flavour to this china grass preparation with guava sauce, which provides plenty of fibre along with vitamin c.
- Combine the agar agar with ¾ cup of water and cook on a slow flame until it dissolves completely. Strain and keep aside.
- Boil the milk in a sauce pan, add the milk powder mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the agar agar mixture and vanilla essence and mix gently.
- Strain the mixture by passing through a sieve and put it to boil.
- Take off the flame, add the cream and sugar to the mixture and mix gently.
- Spread the mixture onto a 150 mm. (6") greased round plate (thali). Cool and cut into 8 equal diamond shaped pieces. Keep refrigerated for atleast an hour
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan, add the guava pieces, sugar and lemon juice and cook till the guava softens.
- Take off the flame and allow it to cool. Purée in a mixer and strain well.
- Keep refrigerated for atleast ½ hour.
- Pour the guava sauce on top of the vanilla diamonds and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
| 257 cal|| 8.0 gm|| 18.8 gm|| 13.1 gm|| 2.6 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.