Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18334 times
A popular dish from Mangalore.
- Slice the pumpkins, tendlis and french beans very thinly.
- Grate the coconut, add 2 teacups of water and allow to stand for a little while. Blend in a liquidiser, strain and take out thick milk. Add 2 teacups of water to the same coconut and allow to stand for a little while.
- Blend in a liquidiser, strain and take out thin milk.
- Mix the thick coconut milk and the plain flour very well.
- Heat the ghee and fry the cumin seeds for a few seconds. Add the chillies and curry leaves and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the vegetables, thin milk and salt and cook.
- When the vegetables are soft, add the thick coconut milk, sugar and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatis.
- You can add 100 grams soaked cashewnuts while cooking the vegetable to make it rich.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.