Valerie's Golden Chana Dal Soup
This recipe has been viewed 6009 times
Valerie's golden chana dal soup is a healthy and hearty soup recipe with chana dal and onions as ingredients. You re sure to discover many interesting and simple soup recipe at tarladalal.com
- Cut onion into quarters lengthwise, and then slice. slice carrot into 1/2 inch long pieces, cut peeled sweet potato into chunks, and slice the celery.
- Heat the olive oil in your soup pot and sauté the onions until they are golden.
- Add all of the other ingredients except the dal and water and continue to stir until they start to soften and look cook.
- The cherry peppers are small (maybe golf-ball size) round red peppers.
- They are relatively mild -- jalapenos are a little hotter. any red pepper can be substituted.
- The bright red color of the cherry peppers looks pretty in the soup.
- Add the chana dal and water/stock, bring to a boil, and then simmer for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with whole grain bread and a green salad.
- This is a very mild concoction.
- Feel free to add more or hotter peppers to taste, and salt, if you use it.
This recipe was contributed by mcgraff on 13 Oct 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.