Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12681 times
Vaangi bath or brinjal rice is an aromatic rice(bath) preparation with chopped brinjals(vaangi) and spice powders. Discover many easy to prepare rice recipes, pulao recipe, biryani recipe at tarladalal.cOM
- Heat a sauce pan and dry roast the coconut powder into light golden colour and keep it aside.roast red chillies to light brown color and transfer to a plate.dry roast all other ingredients( chana dal/uraddal/dhaniyalu/seseme seeds/cumin seeds /cloves/fenugreek seeds/cinnamon) one after one seperately.let it cool and grind all the ingredients togeth
- Making vangi bhath
- Wash brinjals(eggplants) and cut into long thin pieces.immerse cut pieces in salt water to prevent the changing color of eggplants. cook basmathi rice in electric rice cooker by adding suffcient water.
- Heat oil in the same pan, add the cumin seeds and stir. when the cumin seeds crackle,add chana dal fry for light brown color,then add the chopped green chillies ,onions and salt and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant pieces ,turmeric and sauté ,stirring for 3 minutes,untill eggplants are semi translucent.
- Add curry leaves,redchillipwd,vangibhath masala pwd and stir for a while and cover with lid and cook in low flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice,roasted peanuts/groundnuts and stir well ,and cook for another 2 minutes.tamarind juice adds tangy taste to it and end result is eggplant dry curry , absorbed with masala pwd,oil,salt and colorful because of turmeric.
- Mix this into the boiled basmathi rice and add salt & chilli pwd & masala pwd according to taste if neccessary .add a tspn of ghee to it and mix well to get all the flavours into the rice and cook for another 4 minutes by covering with lid.
This recipe was contributed by s_bobby on 01 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.