Added to 313 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13809 times
Usli consists of a mixture of healthy sprouts that are stir fried with a little masala. A combination of 3 sprouts makes the recipe a good source of protein and iron. Sprouting aids the digestion of these pulses and also increases their nutritive value. The calcium and the fibre content of the recipe is good. It is thus very beneficial for you also keeps your taste buds happy.
- Parboil the sprouts and drain. Do not cook them in a pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds and fry for 1/2 minute. Add the onion and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the ginger, garlic and green chillies and fry again for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato, turmeric powder, coriander and chilli powder and fry again.
- Add the drained sprouts, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.