Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 257563 times
Get home the traditional gujarati vegetable recipe, undhiyu with this simpers and authentic oondhiyu recipe. The vegetable are cooked together with buttermilk, coconut and spice powders and enjoyed hot with rice.
- Mix all ingredients, make stiff dough.
- Form into small oval, dumplings
- Heat the 4 tbsp. Oil,fry ghattas for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oil. Keep aside.
- Use a heavy large sauce pan.
- Form a paste of chilli, ginger, garlic, coriander,
- Rub the chunky veggies with oil and masala paste.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil used for frying ghattas to proceed.
- Add all the chunky vegetables, stir well.
- Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add papdi, turmeric, flour, ajwain and salt.
- Cover and cook on low till the yam is almost done.
- Add coriander, lemon, and sprinkle some water if required.
- Add sugar, stir.
- Serve hot, either as is, or with parathas.
This recipe was contributed by bhoomisoneji on 18 Feb 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.