Two in a Bowl Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 101 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14740 times
A very delicious soup, that looks extremely different and inviting. Thick potato soup is served in one half of a soup bowl, with the other half filled in by thick, deliciously green broccoli soup. The soups must be thick so they don’t mix in the bowl. Slurp up!
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water and salt and simmer till the potatoes are cooked.
- Cool the potato mixture and blend to a smooth purée in a mixer with the milk.
- Add the chilli flakes and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the broccoli and continue stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, stirring continuously.
- Simmer till the broccoli is tender and add the salt and pepper.
- Cool slightly and blend to a smooth purée in a mixer.
- Keep aside.
- Re-heat both the soups separately.
- Carefully pour both the soups on opposite sides of the bowl, so that both the soups have a line of differentiation.
- Repeat with three other bowls.
- Serve hot.
- Both the soups should be thick so that they do not mix easily.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.