5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 146 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7505 times
Tousali typically refers to pancakes made with a batter of rice, coconut and cucumber. While Tousali can be spicy or sweet, this mildly sweet version that includes jaggery is a real winner because of its rustic aroma and flavour.
The appetizing aroma of jaggery intensifies when cooked with ghee, luring your family to the table even before you announce the meal!
A little salt added to the batter helps highlight the sweetness of jaggery, while coconut and cucumber provide a juicy crunch to it.
- Soak the rice in enough lukewarm water in a deep bowl for 2 hours.
- Drain, add the coconut, jaggery and ¼ cup of water and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the cucumber and salt and mix well.
- Cover the batter with the lid and keep aside to ferment for 4 hours.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with melted ghee.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the hot tava (griddle) and spread it evenly to form a 100 mm. (4”) diameter thick circle.
- Cook on a medium flame, using a little ghee, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 9 more tousalis.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.