Tostadas, Veg Mexican Tostadas Recipes
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18131 times
A whole crisp fried tortilla makes the bottom layer on top of which beans and cheese are piled high.
The ingredients traditionally offer contrasts of soft and crisp, hot and cold, sharp and mild. While the Mexicans put meat in their tostadas, this recipe uses cottage cheese.
Serve with Burnt Sweet Corn Salad and Mexican Fried Rice to create a sumptuous meal that you will love to dine on.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1/2 minute.
- Add the chopped tomato, green chilli and coriander and fry again for a while.
- Add the cottage cheese and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Deep fry the corn tortillas in oil. Keep aside.
- Place 1 fried tortilla on a clean, dry surface, put ½ cup refried beans and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp grated cheese, 1 portion of the cottage cheese mixture, 2 tbsp lettuce, ½ tbsp tomatoes, 1 tbsp avocado and 1 tbsp sour cream evenly over it.
- Repeat step 3 to make 5 more tostadas.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.