Tortilla with Refried Beans and Tomato Salsa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 112 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17250 times
A Mexican delicious recipe full of flavour and colour is best to treat your skin with protein and calcium.
- Mix the flours, oil and salt and make a dough by adding enough warm water.
- Knead the dough well and keep for ½ hour. Knead again.
- Depending on the diameter you require for the dish, roll out the dough into
- 6" (150 mm.) or 9" (225 mm.) diameter thin rounds with the help of a little flour.
- Cook lightly on a tava (griddle) and keep aside.
- Drain the rajma, add the tomatoes, garlic, green chillies, half the onions and cook in a pressure cooker till tender. Drain and keep the drained water aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the remaining onions for ½ minute.
- Add the rajma, chilli powder, cumin seed powder, sugar and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Mash the mixture coarsely.
- If it is dry, add some drained water. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and grind into a coarse mixture. Keep aside.
- Take a tortilla and spread one portion of the refried beans.
- Top with 2 tsp tomato salsa, 1 tsp spring onions and 1 tsp grated carrots.
- Fold into a semi circle and serve immediately.
Nutrient values per tortilla
|67.6 mg.||17.4 gm.||113 cal.||2.9 gm.||4.4 gm.|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.