Toovar Methi Dhoklas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 524 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12951 times
The preparation of dhoklas is a an art which can be learnt with practice. They make a fluffy, low-calorie snack.
- Soak the dal 4 to 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal with green chillies and youghurt.
- Add the asafoetida, sugar, salt and oil. Keep aside for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the fenugreek leaves and fruit salt and mix slowly.
- Pour the batter into greased small mould tins for the desired shape. Steam for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot with green chutney.
- Goodness Guide :
- Dhoklas are high in protein, low in fat.
- Fenugreek lowers blood sugar levels and provides calcium.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|9.8 g||20.6 g||2.4 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.