Tomato Shorba ( Desi Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 111 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30228 times
Tomato shorba is a tangy soup made from tomatoes and coconut milk, mildly spiced with cumin seeds and green chillies. The addition of jaggery imparts a slight sweetness and reduces the sourness of tomatoes, making the soup all the more pleasing to the palate.
- Combine the tomatoes and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 8 to 10 minutes or till the tomatoes turn soft.
- Allow them to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth mixture.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer and keep aside.
- Combine the coconut milk and besan in a bowl, mix well using a whisk and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and green chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the tomato purée, coconut milk-besan mixture, jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.