Tomato Sauce ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26701 times
A smooth, creamy, flavourful tomato sauce is possible without onion and garlic as you can see here! jains will love this addition to their menu. Here, bottle gourd is used to enhance volume, while a spice bag ensures full flavour and aroma. Ensure that you cook the sauce for long enough so there is no raw smell and the consistency is also perfect. Store and relish this sauce with pizzas, pastas, and snacks too!
- Combine the tomatoes, white pumpkin, sugar, chilli powder and salt and blend to a smooth purée in a blender using about ¼ cup of water if required.
- Strain and boil the strained liquid in a vessel along with the spice bag.
- When the sauce starts thickening, add in the cornflour mixture and vinegar.
- Cook till the mixture resembles a smooth sauce.
- Cool and use as required. This sauce can be stored refrigerated for upto 15 days.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.