by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 120059 times
Make and stock tomato puree in your refrigerator to be able to whip up any dish of your choice at a moment’s notice!
- Bring to a boil a large vessel full of water.
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of the sharp knife.
- Make a criss-cross cuts at the base of each tomato.
- Put in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and put in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and blend to a smooth purée in a blender.
- Use as required.
- If frozen, tomato purée can last for months.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.