Tomato Pachadi ( How To Tomato Pachadi )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17444 times
The tanginess of tomato and the blandness of fresh curds combine well to cast a soothing spell on the diner. Take care to use fresh, thick curds for this recipe as the pachadi is likely to become watery otherwise, as the juice of the tomatoes also mixes in with it.
- Boil a vesselful of water; add the tomato and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the tomatoes soften. Keep aside.
- When slightly cool, peel and mash it lightly using a fork. Keep aside.
- Add the curds, green chillies and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the tomato-curds mixture and mix well. Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.