by Tarla Dalal
Added to 369 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81761 times
Like most South Indian recipes, this is a hot and spicy tomato and onion chutney. Perk up your meal with this recipe. Purée this to make a coarse chutney and enjoy the contrasting flavours.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the green chillies, chana dal, urad dal and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the chopped tomato, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Purée the mixture for a few seconds in a blender to get a coarse chunky chutney.
- Serve at room temperature or store upto 2 days, refrigerated.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
|Amt||Energy||Protein||Cho||Fat||Vit A||Vit C||Calcium||Iron||F. Acid||Fibre|
|20 gm||11 kcal||0.3 gm||1.2 gm||0.6||56.7 mcg||4.6 mg||9.5 mg||0.1 mg||5.6 mcg||0.2 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.