Tofu Sprouts and Vegetable Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6027 times
This is an amazing combination of ingredients. Both tofu and sprouts add to the health quotient, while garlic and chilli flakes boost the flavour and routons add crunch to the soup. Make it fresh and be prepared for the magic! If tofu is not available, use paneer instead.
- Cut and discard the sides of the bread slice.
- Cut the bread slice into 10 mm. (1 cm.) cubes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the bread cubes till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Pound the garlic and chilli flakes in a mortar and pestle (khalbatta) to a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, baby corn and vegetable stock and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the tofu, bean sprouts and salt, mix well and simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with bread croutons and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.