Added to 75 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35496 times
Tofu or soya bean curd is made from soya beans and is very high in protein content.
- Soak the beans in water for at least 12 hours.
- Drain all the water and wash the soaked beans.
- Grind the soaked beans in a blender to a smooth paste using 4 cups of water.
- Strain to extract the milk.
- Boil this milk, add the Epsom salts and remove from the flame.
- Strain the soya bean curd through a muslin cloth placed on a strainer.
- Press the bean curd and put some weight on it so that all the water is drained out.
- Remove the weight after a few hours.
- To store for a longer period, refrigerate in a container filled with water.
- Use a srequired.
- Paneer is a good substitute for tofu.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.