Toffee Apples, Homemade Toffe Apple Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8108 times
If this dessert cannot win you over, then nothing can. Indeed, the Toffee Apples is something special, incomparable with common Desserts .
Deep-fried apples are dipped in a caramelized sugar syrup and immediately dunked in iced water, giving rise to a fantastic dish that is richly deep and crisp outside and mildly sweet and soft inside.
This contrast in textures is a wonderful experience that you will thoroughly enjoy. A few sesame seeds added to the caramel syrup is a special stroke in this masterpiece, which helps to highlight the sweetness of the syrup while also balancing it well with its nutty taste.
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, baking powder, salt and approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, dip the apple pieces into the batter and deep fry in hot oil, a few at a time on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar, oil and ½ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a high flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, allow it to caramelize on a slow flame for 10 minutes, without stirring. If required, shake the pan gently to prevent the sugar from burning around the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the flame, add the sesame seeds and mix well. Keep warm.
- Combine the ice-cubes and chilled water in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Dip the fried apple pieces in the caramel syrup till the syrup coats them evenly.
- Remove and immerse them in the bowl of ice-cubes and water for a few seconds till the caramel coating hardens. Remove and serve immediately.
- If the caramel syrup hardens, heat it on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.