by Tarla Dalal
Added to 135 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6285 times
- Put the sugar, oil and 2/3 teacup of water in a pan and cook on a high flame.
- When the mixture begins to bubble, shake the pan continuously to prevent burning.
- Continue cooking and shaking the pan until the syrup is light brown in colour.
- Remove from the heat, add the sesame seeds and mix well.
- Mix the plain flour, cornflour and baking powder in a bowl. Add water and stir into a smooth, thick batter.
- Peel, core and cut the apples into bite-size pieces.
- Coat the apple pieces evenly with the batter and deep fry in hot oil until golden.
- Fill a serving bowl with ice-cubes and cover with water.
- Put the fried apples in the caramel syrup and coat evenly. Drain well and plunge into the ice-cubes bowl. Keep for a few minutes till the caramel coating hardens. Drain thoroughly.
- Variation : Toffee Bananas
- Proceed as above substituting apples by bananas pieces.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.