Toast with Spinach Dip ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16429 times
Break away from standard spinach recipes, and try new, innovative combinations! the infusion of paneer and milk adds a rich dimension to this nutritious dip. Serve with brown bread, and watch your guests quieten in admiration.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and paneer and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt and pepper, mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Just before serving, toast the whole wheat bread slices in a pop up toaster and cut each slice into 2 diagonally.
- Garnish the spinach dip with paneer and serve immediately with the bread triangles.
|Energy|| 37 calories|
|Protein|| 1.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 5.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.3 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.2 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 486.3 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.