Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 122480 times
Til laddus are a traditional maharastrian sweet made with sesame seed, jaggery and ghee. Served on special ocassions and festivals.
- Roast the sesame seeds till they are light golden in color. Cool and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the jaggery.
- Simmer over a slow flame till it caramelises and forms a hard ball when you add a drop in cold water.
- Add the roasted til and peanuts and mix it thoroughly with the melted jaggery. You may need to put out the flame during this process.
- Grease your palms with a little ghee, divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape the til mixture
- To make peanut ladoos substitute sesame seeds with unsalted, peeled and roasted peanuts and add ¼ teaspoon dry ginger powder at step 4.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.