Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10670 times
Tikki puri is a tantalizing evening snack or chaat item with the crispy puris placed on the plate, filled with grated carrots and onions and then relished with sweet and green chutneys as topping.
- Soak the above ingredients in hot water for about 1/2 hour.
- Grind to a smooth paste adding very little water.
- Strain the above chutney and bring to a boil.
- Cool and store when required.
- Grind all the ingredients for the green chutney with a little water to a smooth paste.
- Use as required.
- Place the puris on a plate.
- Fill the puris with a little grated carrot.
- Then, fill the puris with the chopped onion.
- Take a teaspoon and depending on individual taste add a little meeta chutney & green chutney carefully, not to spill outside the puri.
- Mix the salt,jeera powder,dhania powder & chilli powder together.
- Sprinkle on each puri.
- Sprinkle peanuts and sev as above.
- Serve immediately garnished with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by apoorva23 on 27 Jan 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.