Thepla Paneer Wrap
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 60 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31679 times
Here is an exciting new use for theplas, which you would always have seen as a traditional Gujarati snack. In this recipe, you will find that flavourful methi-tinged theplas transform into an all-new treat when smeared with tangy chunda and packed with a peppy flavoured paneer and cauliflower mixture. Not only is the Thepla Paneer Wrap tasty, it is quite sumptuous too. Serve immediately, to enjoy the fresh flavour and texture.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, add enough water and knead into a soft dough. Cover the dough with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 150 mm. (6") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), cook each thepla on a medium flame, using little oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the ginger-green chilli paste and cauliflower and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a thepla on a clean, dry surface and apply 1 tsp of chunda evenly over it.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
- Chunda is a traditional gujarati sweet and sour pickle made by marinating grated raw mangoes in sugar and spices. It goes well with thepla, chapatis, and other savoury snacks. It is available in the market if you do not have time on hand.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.