Thepla ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 540 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 499868 times
Theplas are an inherent part of gujarati meals, and are used for regular meals, travelling and for picnics! eaten with curds and chunda, theplas can be enjoyed hot or otherwise. Sometimes whole jeera or til can be added to enhance the flavour of theplas. You can even add other ingredients like methi and doodhi to this recipe, to add more variety to your menu.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Knead the dough well using a little oil. Cover and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each circle, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both sides.
- Serve hot with chunda or sweet mango pickle.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.