Thavala Adai By appupri
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5155 times
1. don't powder the rice into a very smooth flour at the same time it shouldn't be too granular
2.best results can be achieved when cooked on a medium flame
- Heat a pan and add 2 tsps of oil.
- When the oil is heated add mustard seeds.
- When they splutter add the chillies and ginger
- Add the urad dal and fry till golden
- Add the water,salt and grated coconut and boil.
- Add the rice flour and stir till well cooked and turns to a ball.
- Take off fire and make small balls on palm and flatten and make a hole in the centre
- Put on a warm tava
- Pour some oil around and cover the tava
- After a minute remove cover and turn the adais
- Add more oil and keep on flame till golden in colour and crispy on top
This recipe was contributed by appupri on 29 Mar 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.