by Tarla Dalal
Added to 226 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16342 times
Traditional thandai is used to flavour this souffle making it a very unusual combination.
- Soak the almonds, fennel seeds, peppercorns and poppy seeds in warm water for 2 hours.
- Blanch the almonds and drain the water.
- Dissolve the saffron in a little warm milk.
- Mix all the ingredients and grind to a fine paste using rose water. Keep aside.
- Dissolve the agar agar in 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil the milk with the sugar.
- Strain the agar agar mixture and add to the milk.
- Add the thandai paste and cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile whisk the cream till soft peaks form and fold it into the mixture.
- Pour into serving glasses and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours till the souffle sets.
- Serve chilled, garnished with dried nuts.
- You can use 2 tablespoon of thandai concentrate and adjust the sugar accordingly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.