Thalipeeth ( Cooking Under 10 Minutes)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 412 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 170457 times
People often move to fast-foods, because they assume traditional recipes are time-consuming. Not at all! every cuisine has a mix of quick, everyday cooking, as well as elaborate recipes. Here is a traditional maharashtrian recipe to prove our point. With three types of flours, thalipeeth is very nutritious, and also easy to prepare.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl and add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Heat and grease a non-stick tava.
- Spread a layer of the batter to form a pancake of 4 mm. Thickness.
- Cook on both sides till golden brown, using a little oil.
- Repeat to make 3 more thalipeeth.
- Serve hot with a dollop of home-made white butter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.