Thai Pineapple Rice
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 169 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60529 times
The Thai Pineapple Rice is nothing short of an adventure for your taste buds. As they travel into each mouthful, your taste buds will experience a burst of flavours – the sweet and sour pineapple, spicy curry paste, soothing coconut milk, juicy raisins, and more, and more. While the authentic preparation of this dish does require a little effort in buying a whole pineapple and cutting it appropriately, the presentation and outcome completely justify the time spent.
- Cut the pineapple into half lengthwise, keeping the leaves on. Scoop out the pineapple from the center portion using a sharp knife.
- Chop the scooped pineapple into cubes you will get approx. 1½ cups of chopped pineapple. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared yellow curry paste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped pineapple, coconut milk, raisins, cashewnuts, cooked rice, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and fill each portion of the rice into the scooped out pineapple halve.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.