Tasty Palak Chana Dal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35908 times
Palak chana dal, a delicious palak flavoured dal recipe. Serve with steamed rice.
- Blanch the spinach and grind to a fine puree. Keep aside.
- Soak the dal for 2 hours, add the salt and turmeric powder, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistle or till done.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds cracles add the green chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the onions, and saute till it turns to golden brown in colour.
- Add the spinach puree, chilli powder, cooked dal, water as per required, garam masala, kasuri methi and salt, mix well and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Serve hot, pour some ghee on top as per your choice.
This recipe was contributed by neerisha on 15 Feb 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.