Tasty Masala Vadas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 249 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43974 times
Crisp on the outside and soft inside, these south indian vadas served with coconut chutney make a delicious snack. While frying these you have to start with hot oil, and then reduce the flame in order to cook the dal without over browning the outer surface.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal overnight. Drain.
- Grind the dal with the dry red chillies, green chillies and cumin seeds and a little water to get a thick coarse paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into small wadas and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Ensure that the wadas are cooked in the centre.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.