Tandoori Roti ( Kebabs and Tikkis Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59051 times
Hmmm, the flavour imparted by the traditional clay tandoor is unbeatable, but you can make do with an inverted pressure pan and a gas stove instead!
- Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a bowl and knead into soft dough, using enough water until it is smooth and elastic.
- Add the oil and knead again.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and allow it prove till it doubles in volume (approx. 15 to 20 minutes).
- Press the dough lightly to remove the air.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using little flour.
- Remove the lid of the pressure cooker and lightly grease the insides of the bottom with oil.
- Heat upside down over an open flame.
- Apply a little water on one side of each tandoori roti and stick the wet side on the inside of the heated bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Again turn the bottom of the pressure cooker upside down and cook till brown spots appear on the surface of the tandoori roti and it peels away easily.
- You can stick 3 to 4 tandoori rotis on the inside of the pressure cookerat a time.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.