by Tarla Dalal
Added to 609 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 122468 times
The famous tandoor bread of north india.
- Sieve the flour. Add the sugar and salt.
- Apply the butter to the flour.
- Make a well in the centre. Put the baking powder in the centre and cover with the curds.
- Wait for 1/2 minute.
- Make a soft dough by adding the milk and enough water.
- Knead the dough very well.
- Add the ghee and knead again.
- Keep the dough under a wet cloth for 3 hours.
- Roll out naan in the shape of triangles.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping.
- Spread a little of the topping mixture on each naan and bake in a tandoor.
- Serve hot with butter.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.