Tandoori Mushroom and Paneer Open Roll
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 227 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22301 times
Fresh and warm hot dog rolls packed with a peppy stuffing of mushrooms and paneer flavoured in tongue-tickling tandoori style, with a spicy chilli-garlic paste, tandoori masala and dried fenugreek leaves. It is the topping of mayonnaise and ketchup, which reminds us that we are having a hot dog based treat and not a pure tandoori fare! Indeed, the Tandoori Mushroom and Paneer Open Roll is an amazing snack that treats our palate to tandoori magic in an easy-to-prepare form.
- Combine the cornflour and milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and kasuri methi and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally or till the mushrooms turn soft.
- Add the paneer, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, tandoori masala and salt, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Place the hot dog rolls on a clean, dry surface and horizontally cut them into 2 halves.
- Scoop out the centers of each hot dog halve and brush some butter evenly on each halve.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 5 to 7 minutes or till crisp and light brown in colour.
- Reheat the stuffing and stuff each hot dog roll with ¼th portion of the stuffing.
- Top each halve with 2 tsp of mayonnaise and 1 tsp of tomato ketchup evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.