Tandoori Gobi, Veg Gobhi
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 284 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27463 times
Just a teaspoon of oil is needed to cook this cauliflower marinated in low fat curds. You don't even need a tandoor to acquire that distinctive smoky flavour!
- Marinate the cauliflower florets in the prepared marinade for approx. 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the onions and capsicum and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the cauliflower along with the marinade and sauté for 10 to 12 minutes till the cauliflower is cooked. Pour into a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the charcoals on an open flame to ignite them.
- Transfer to a small katori (bowl) with the help of a pair of tongs.
- Place this katori (bowl) in the bowl containing the cooked cauliflower.
- Pour oil on the ignited charcoal and cover the larger bowl with a lid.
- Keep aside for about 5 minutes and then remove the lid and discard the small katori of charcoals. This process, called smoking, imparts the typical tandoori taste to the dish.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- VARIATION: TANDOORI PANEER
- Replace the cauliflower with 1½ cups of low fat paneer (cottage cheese) / tofu (soya paneer).
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 48 calories|
|Protein|| 2.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 5.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.6 gm|
|Cholesterol|| 0 mg|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.