Tandoori Aloo Wrap ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 236 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 64016 times
Baby potatoes tossed in a spicy paste and then wrapped up with a flavoured curd dressing – let’s see if you can say ‘no’ to this! the mildness of curds complements the spicy tandoori aloo in this lip-smacking wrap! when making for kids reduce the chilli-garlic chutney and instead increase the amount of fresh cream used in this recipe
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little flour.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and lightly cook the rotis on both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook for 1 more minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander, fresh cream and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for a few more seconds.
- Add the potatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, warm a roti on a non-stick tava.
- Place the roti on a clean, dry surface and arrange 1/4th of the prepared tandoori aloo stuffing in a row in the centre of the roti.
- Spread 1/4 cup of cabbage and 2 tbsp of carrots over it.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of chaat masala over it.
- Finally spread 1/4th of the prepared dressing over it and roll the roti tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps.
- Serve immediately.
- To induce the baby potatoes to absorb the flavours of the paste, scrub the baby potatoes roughly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.