Tamatar ki Kadhi
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25490 times
Like many other dishes, kadhi differs from region to region. This Sindhi Kadhi is a rather special one as it is made using tomatoes. Tomatoes are very low in calories and provide plenty of vitamin A which required for a glowing skin and healthy vision. I assure you that your family will relish this tangy kadhi with a touch of sweetness provided by jaggery.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water i a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on am edium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chilli, curry leaves, cinnamon, cloves and besan, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida and tomato purée along with 1½ cups of water and bring to a boil, while stirring once in between.
- Add the jiggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
- If you find the kadhi to be too spicy, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of low fat milk to mellow it down.
|Amt|| 85 gm|
|Energy|| 46 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.2 gm|
|Cho|| 6.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Vit A|| 339.5 mcg|
|Vit C|| 22.1 mg|
|Calcium|| 42.3 mg|
|Iron|| 0.7 mg|
|F. Acid|| 26.4 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.