Tamatar ki Kadhi ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8210 times
Different regions of india have their own variations of kadhi. This sindhi kadhi makes innovative use of tomatoes, which provide an antioxidant compound 'lycopene' that fights against free radicals.
- Cook the tomatoes with ½ cup of water in a pan for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to get a smooth purée. Strain the purée and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves, cloves and besan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, puréed tomatoes and 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame till it comes to boil, while stirring continuously.
- Add the jaggery and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 46 cal|
|Protein|| 1.2 gm|
|CHO|| 6.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 339.5 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 22.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.