Tamatar ki Kadhi ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9499 times
A richly-flavoured kadhi with the delectable tang of tomatoes! Borrowed from Sindhi cuisine, this mouth-watering Tamatar ki Kadhi is flavoured with a traditional tempering and thickened with besan.
Loaded with tomatoes, this kadhi provides you antioxidants like vitamin A, vitamin C and lycopene that fights against free radicals and improves your immunity, keeping you hale and healthy during this happy and memorable period of your life.
- Combine the tomatoes and ½ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Allow it to cool completely and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves, cloves and besan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafoetida, prepared tomato purée and ½ cup of water, mix well and bring to boil, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the jaggery and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with a sprig of coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 46 kcal|
|Protein|| 1.2 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 6.9 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.7 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 339.5 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 22.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.