Tamatar ki Kadhi ( Roz ka Khana)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 872 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25450 times
Who does not like tangy, lip-smacking kadhi? Here is a tangier, more tantalizing version made of tomato puree (instead of dahi), thickened with besan, and spiced up with an assortment of pungent ingredients. The order of adding ingredients, and the duration of cooking, need to be maintained in order to achieve the perfect consistency. Serve hot with rice or khichdi, for a homely meal that never fails to delight.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and cook them with 1/2 cup of water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and liquidize in a food processor to a get a smooth puree. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the green chilli, curry leaves, cloves and gram flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the turmeric, chilli powder, asafoetida and pureed tomatoes with 2 cups of water and cook on a medium flame, stirring continuously.
- When the kadhi comes to a boil, add the jaggery and salt and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the fire.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot with rice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.